Moving out can be a hassle. We know how it can turn into a nightmare especially if you’re in a time crunch. But worry no more! Here at Cajun Maids, the leading maid-service provider in Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge and New Orleans, our cleaning professionals have come up tips for you to get you started on your post-move-out cleaning.
- Clean the kitchen appliances. This is often one of the places people will look at first to gauge a home’s cleanliness, so scrub out the oven, wipe down the inside of the fridge, and clear the dishwasher drain.
- Clean the windows. This makes a big difference to how bright a space looks, and grimy windows do no one any favors.
- Wait, just clean everything. No need to scrub the walls (unless they’re really filthy), but a dust and vacuum of every room, with special attention to the kitchen and bathrooms, right before you move will leave the right impression.
- Spackle and paint. Fill any holes left by hanging things on the wall; use a proper caulk, and sand and re-touch the paint job afterwards
- Don’t leave anything behind (or maybe do). There’s disagreement out there about this one: is it common courtesy to leave a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and some lightbulbs, or annoying to the new tenant? In any case, get rid of everything else. No matter how helpful you think those old cleaning supplies or extra pots and pans might be, your landlord might disagree and charge you for clearing them away.
If you ever have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to give us a call. Cajun Maids is a local maid service provider ‘wowing’ our customers in Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge and New Orleans area for three years and counting. Remember, you can always call Cajun Maids for cleaning help!